RC Transport.org.uk

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RC Transport.org.uk

Forum for radio controlled vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Home to the south east (Kent) detlin Rc truck meets. Tamiya trucks robbe and dammitz alike

Aeromax rebuild

johnboy
    johnboy
    Learner driver
    Learner driver

Aeromax rebuild Empty Aeromax rebuild

Post  johnboy Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi All
    My first ever truck was a Ford Aeromax and over the last couple of years it has become a donor for my other trucks. However, after collecting a few parts etc I decided to rebuild it into a completely different configuration. Here are the starting steps.

I have based it roughly on these pics.Obviously this one has been in the wars a bit but this is what I have based the rebuild on

Aeromax rebuild 62196_320_240_img_3087

Aeromax rebuild 62197_320_240_img_3088

First i cut the extension pieces that i need from an old chassis.
    Aeromax rebuild Aero7

These are then test fitted with the brace pieces cut from 2mm thick aluminium sheet
    Aeromax rebuild Aero5

Fitted the wheels onto the second axle to measure where to put the suspension hanger for the third axle
    Aeromax rebuild Aero8

Placed the third axle in position to check square and distance fit.
    Aeromax rebuild Aero6

Now we mount the axle, hanger and radius arms to the third axle. Notice this isnt driven as i want it to be a tag axle eventually. I know it should be the inner of the three and this is where it will eventually be placed.
    Aeromax rebuild Aero9

Aeromax rebuild Aero11

Test fitting the cab, exhaust and box.
    Aeromax rebuild Aero12

Post more as I get things done.

John

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:54 am