RC Transport.org.uk

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RC Transport.org.uk

Forum for radio controlled vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Home to the south east (Kent) detlin Rc truck meets. Tamiya trucks robbe and dammitz alike

4 posters

My Mercedes has been reborn

wombat
    wombat
    Learner driver
    Learner driver

My Mercedes has been reborn Empty My Mercedes has been reborn

Post  wombat Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:28 am

Well. Like most of us we all seem to change or re-build our first truck? This is what I decided to do when I built my MAN TGX XXL into a 4x2 as I used the chassis from the Mercedes.

Now the question was; what do I do with a Mercedes cab and a 6x4 chassis?

Below are the pictures of the Merc as first built and then after a new lease of life.

The truck is fitted with a SGS FMC multi function unit, which is quite easy to install, programme and use. The gearbox is a RC4WD R2 2 speed 4wd with metal gears powered by a Carson motor. I originally installed a 55 turn rock crawler motor but was disappointed with its performance. However I still need a trial run with the truck hauling a loaded Carson tipper with the Carson motor fitted.

As you can see the cab has been shortened to a rest cab, this was quite easy to do. The wheel arches were modified to protrude by a further 2mm, modified the bumper and strengthened with brass rod. The whole cab has been raised by 10mm to give extra clearance when off road.

The rear axles are standard; the front one is from the Geardoctor. All the wheels are fitted with Carson Cross force tyres for that added extra grip.

The interior is full detailed starting from filling in the seat backs, arm rests for the passenger seat, maps, bottles of water and a cb radio mounted on the dash.

All I need is some 2544 badges for the doors and grill. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks to Rob (Mocus) for making the LED’s.
    Gareth (RD Trucking) for some spare parts.

Enjoy the pictures.

Pete.

My first build.
    My Mercedes has been reborn Picture163
    Now with a new lease of life.
    My Mercedes has been reborn Picture167-2
    My Mercedes has been reborn Picture168-1
    My Mercedes has been reborn Picture169
    My Mercedes has been reborn Picture170
    My Mercedes has been reborn Picture166-2
    My Mercedes has been reborn Picture180
    My Mercedes has been reborn Picture178
    My Mercedes has been reborn Picture177
    My Mercedes has been reborn Picture176
    My Mercedes has been reborn Picture172
    My Mercedes has been reborn Picture171
    Rich81
    Rich81
    Wagon and drag
    Wagon and drag

My Mercedes has been reborn Empty Re: My Mercedes has been reborn

Post  Rich81 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Nice one Pete sure dose look the part and i must say i did notice the lack of power at the Last Detling meet when going over the bridge, but rest assured your get plenty of chances for hauling dirt around at the Brighton show to test out the torque of that motor, I think Ant88 has got that carson motor in his truck that he pulls his carson tipper with and that just manages to pull a loaded trailer up a ramp.

And I see you done what I had done on my Scania 6x4 with the batteries packs on the side hidden as a fuel tank looks good pal
    ant88
    ant88
    Learner driver
    Learner driver

Post  ant88 Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:54 am

Yep got the carson motors in all my rigs! My Volvo will pull a fully loaded carson tipper trailer up the ramp incline and thats on 2wd with standard tyres (Although have put the carson fulda's on there now) so will test them out at brighton Wink The merc is looking great!!!

Ant
    ray breakdown man
    Multi drop
    Multi drop

Post  ray breakdown man Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:44 am

sure we will test it at brighton ,if it fails on the hills i will push it out the way,to make room for johnboy,looking to next weekend

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:39 pm