RC Transport.org.uk

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RC Transport.org.uk

Forum for radio controlled vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Home to the south east (Kent) detlin Rc truck meets. Tamiya trucks robbe and dammitz alike

3 posters

Detling, Iwade or Both?

Moqus
    Moqus
    Wagon and drag
    Wagon and drag

Detling, Iwade or Both? Empty Detling, Iwade or Both?

Post  Moqus Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:15 am

Hi all,
    For those of you that dont know, during our last show at the Faversham Vintge Vechile weekend, Stacie, Pat, Ian and myself were approached and asked if we, as a group, would be interested in taking part in a local village school fete that is raising money for the Kent Air Ambulance. This is happening at Iwade Primary School, which is only about another 10-15 minutes drive down the A249 from Detling, on the 8th July. Stacie and I have decided to take part in this and welcome anyone else who wishes to join us in doing this for charity. We have been told we can pretty much have as much room as we need and can decide if we want to use the layout inside or out depending on the weather. If the weather is not so good and raining like it has been lately, we will have the use of the school hall which is roughly the same size as the hall at Delting. However we do realise that with wings and wheels on the 23rd and 24th, the Detling meet on the 1st July, and Iwade on the 8th, this means 3 weekends back to back of trucking and some of you might not want to do that much trucking in such a small space of time.
    So what we are asking is this- do those of you who come to Detling or were planning to, want us to continue with the meet on the 1st, or would you rather we cancel the meet and instead have it on the 8th at Iwade instead seeing as this is a fund raising event?
    We are more than happy to either keep the meet at Detling or to cancel it this time and have it at Iwade, but we would like to warn people that if some of you ask us to keep the Detling meet on the 1st, the £5 that you normally pay might increase, as it has done in previous meets, so that we cover the cost of the hall. Unfortunately Stacie and I are not in a position where we can afford the shortfall, and as we have said from the beginning, we would have to ask those of you that came to equally share the £50 hall hire cost.
    Also our next Detling meet is on the 26th August, so if this one is cancelled you dont have to wait too long until the next one lol
    Could you let us know as soon as possible what you would like us to do so that we can cancel the hall if need be with some notice.
    Thanks
    Rob and Stacie.
    CYANIDE STEVE
    CYANIDE STEVE
    Multi drop
    Multi drop

Detling, Iwade or Both? Empty Re: Detling, Iwade or Both?

Post  CYANIDE STEVE Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:57 am

Personally I think cancel the Detling meet and have it at the Charity event. See what other people suggest?

I always feel obligated to give my time / money to the Kent Air Ambulance anyway.
    About six years ago I had a serious accident whilst driving my recovery truck and towing a trailer and it was my fault. Luckily I was on my way to an accident scene and not on the way back, so didn't have any passengers in the cab with me. To cut a long story short, I hit 4 cars, one of them being a police car on a blue light call. Unfortunately the passenger and driver in the first car I hit had to be cut out of the car and the passenger taken away in the air ambulance. She was also pregnant! Crying or Very sad
    In the end, there were no serious injuries but the pregnant lady was taken by air as a precaution and luckily mother and unborn baby were fine.
    The point being, the air ambulance was on the scene unbelievably quickly and dealt with the injured along with the ground crew so professionaly. I only suffered a broken rib from the seat belt and obviously the mental trauma.
    That was the worst day ever in my driving career but I owe alot to the Air Ambulance team.
    LITTLE TRUCKER PAT
    LITTLE TRUCKER PAT
    Box van man
    Box van man

Post  LITTLE TRUCKER PAT Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:04 am

Cancel the Detling meet and have it at the Iwade Charity event.
    Then you can all take your wifes Evil or Very Mad ,lovers Razz ,girlfriends Embarassed shopping to keep them sweet.

ME I'LL GO FISHING ON THE 1st JULY Laughing Very Happy
    Moqus
    Moqus
    Wagon and drag
    Wagon and drag

Post  Moqus Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:44 am

It's settled then detling meet is cancelled

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:43 pm